1. The same rate of interest will be payable by the allottee as well as promoter in the event of default from either of the parties.
2. In the absence of any local laws, an association or society or cooperative society, as the case may be, of the allotted members, shall be formed within a period of three months of the majority of allotted members who have booked their plot or apartment or building in the project.
3. After the promoter executes an agreement for sale for any apartment, plot or building, no mortgage or charge can be created by the promoter on such apartment, plot or building. If any such mortgage or charge is created, then notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, it shall not affect the right and interest of the allottee who has taken or agreed to take such apartment, plot or building.
4. The promoter may cancel the allotment only in terms of the agreement for sale. However, the allottee may approach the Regulatory Authority for relief, if he is aggrieved by such cancellation and such cancellation is not in accordance with the terms of the agreement for sale, is unilateral and without any sufficient cause.
5. The promoter shall obtain insurance as may be notified by the appropriate Government, including but not limited to the title of the land and building and construction of the project. The promoter shall also be liable to pay the premium and charges in respect of the insurance.
6. The promoter shall execute a registered conveyance deed in favor of the (i) allottee in respect of the apartment, plot or building; and (ii) association of allotted members of competent authority in respect of the undivided proportionate title in the common areas, and hand over possession of the same within the period as specified under the local laws. In the absence of any local law, such conveyance deed shall be carried out by the promoter within three months from date of issue of the occupancy certificate.
7. The promoter shall compensate the allotted member in case of any loss caused to him due to defective title of the land in the manner as provided under the Act, and such claim for compensation shall not be barred by limitation provided under any law for the time being in force.
8. Every allottee shall take physical possession of the apartment, plot or building as the case may be, within a period of two months of the occupancy certificate issued for the said apartment, plot or buildings.
9. The Regulatory Authority shall make a recommendation to the appropriate Government on (i) creation of a single window system for ensuring time-bound project approvals and clearances for timely completion of the project; and (ii) creation of a transparent and robust grievance redressal mechanism against acts of omission and commission of competent authorities and their officials.
The information provided here in Homemantra.co has been collected from publicly available sources, and is yet to be verified as per RERA guidelines.* Details collected and displayed here are for information purposes only.*