VASTU SHASTRA is the ancient science of constructions/architecture of home design, decoration and placements of accessories. It suggests the way of arranging the thing. However, some people tag it to superstitious believes, while it is actually a ancient scientific method that maps the ways for getting positive energies in our workplace or our living place.
According to Vastu Shastra, our home/place of residence is considered as the dwelling place of Lord Ganesha, Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati. Also, according to theory of vastushastra, world comprised of five basic elements i.e. earth, water, air, fire, and space. Based on these elements, Vastu Shastra helps to attract positive energy. For this, it is very important to focus the direction of particular objects and room decoration and placements of accessories, dimensional accuracy and positioning of the entrance gate etc. It is very important to maintain proper balance between these elements. These elements highly influence our livings and thus we must take care and understand effectiveness of these elements while constructing a building, our dream home or office also even buy a plot. Following some good Vastu Tips gives us good results like good health, wealth, success, peace of mind etc.
Basic Vastu Tips:
Vastu Shastra is a science of construction / architecture used from the ancient time and is based on the law of nature and how it affects our place of residences.
- In Vastu, entrance of a house is the gateway from which energies constantly goes in and out. All the negative and positive energies surround here and that is why it’s important to locate main gate in proper direction to maintain well-being and prosperity in house. Entrance gate should be heavier, stronger and bigger than other doors of house.
- According to Vastu, the sun rise direction east brings prosperity, positive energy in our life. Hence this direction should always be kept open, ventilated, and clean. Stairways of the house should be to the south, west or southwest. So, entrance of house is best in North and East sides. Best material for main door is Teak.
- Keep the entrance clean and tidy to make the surrounding positive.
- Avoid keeping garbage or dustbin near the entrance.
- There should not be any obstruction in the entrance gate with things like poles, tree, wires and vehicles.
- Main door should always open inwards.
- Entrance of house should not face temple.
- Embellish main door with Om, Swastik, Cross, Hamsa Hand (Muslim good luck symbol) and flowers etc.
- Avoid sump under the main entrance.
- Lift of building should not face entrance.
- Washroom, toilets, swimming pools should be in west direction. (It is believed in Hindus that the west direction is contoled by Lord Varuna ruled by Lord Saturn).
- Avoid self-closing door.
- The kitchen is an important part of any home and it is therefore very important to that it is constructed and designed the right way. Southeast direction is dedicated to fireworks. Generators, kitchen and other fireworks should be in the above direction.
- According to Vastu, Tuesday and Saturday are better not to shift or purchase the new flat.
Meanwhile, you should take some percussion while applying vastu in your daily life/constructing a house/buy a land. Because there are some people took vastu as their business and use vastu for fool you. Thus, everyone must know that vastushastra is a science not only a god or goddess. You must follow vastu to bring some positive energy, good health and wealth to your home.